Monday, June 22, 2009

Super Flat First Love by Takashi Murakami

Superflat First Love by Takashi Murakami for Louis Vuitton from Sangwook on Vimeo.



I have been obsessed with the designs and illustrations made my Murakami since I first saw his prints on the Louis Vuitton Bags in 9th grade. Although I wasn't educated in contemporary art, I really could care less as to who was behind this colorful creations. As I became interested in Anime and Japanese art later on in high school, I came across Murakami and fell in love. This type of artwork is the modern "pop" art. Although the superflat movement has been around for a while, its influence on popular japanese and international culture is truly evident. I saw Murakami's exhibition in Brooklyn last year and want my entire house to look like the galleries in the museum. He has finally made an animation based off of his flower designs and his "pseudo" mickey mouse character. Its cute and oober anime.

Japanese Pop art - Murakami from Krešo J. on Vimeo.

No comments: