Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kodak 1922 Kodachrome Film Test



A sample of some of the earliest color motion picture film you will see.

As I mentioned before, I am feeling overly stimulated with technology and everything being so instant in my life. The fact that I'm reading a book that deals with digital age of art and commerce called Remix by Lawrence Lessig, I can't stop picking apart the amount of overwhelming stimulation I am receiving on a daily basis. Watching something like this video above makes me nostalgic and impresses me much more than even this laptop I am typing on. My life is color television, and I knew nothing other than that. I even thought life back in the 20s and 30s was in Black and White when I was a kid. Now, as I read this book and watch this video, I think back to the times when I didn't spend 80% of my day on the computer. The times that Facebook or Email wasn't part of my daily vocabulary. Even having a cell phone was something only Zach Morris had. I'm so "in touch" that I feel out of touch. But this Kodachrome film test is just plain amazing and unreal.

No comments: